Friday, August 29, 2008

29/31 yesterday breck told me something so very sad.* here's how the conversation went.

B: mom this shirt too big, huh.
M: yea, just a little.
B: mom, when my tummy get fat like yours, then it fit me huh!

so yea. thanks my handsome, smart, brutally honest 3 yr old. wow, i need to get myself in shape!!

*really, honestly i'm not depressed about it! just a little more motivated then before!!

10 replys..:

Farnsworth Family said...

Oh Jes, that is so sad. If it make you fell any better I think you look great like always. It's funny what little kids say. Anyway I hope you guys had a great month. Sorry we didn't to come to the park. I got sick. We need to get together again soon.

Addie Gaylord said...

oh jes,
boys say the funniest things. You of all people does not have a thing to worry about.
I hear that all day long from Zane especially when your pregnant and he asks every day why my stomach is so fat and then after you have the baby he wants to know how come it is still fat if the baby is not there any more?
Loads of fun!
Your chili looks beautiful.

The Baum Squad said...

i love the picture a day idea...may still it from you one of these days, now that the camera is back and working. Keep it up.

Angela* said...

My dad sent me an email the other day where this prego mom is getting ready to take a shower and her 3 year old asks her, "Mommy are you getting fat?" The Mom relpies "Yes, mommy had a baby growing in her tummy." To which the child relpies, "I know, but what's growing in your butt!?!?" Hahahah
3 year olds.

nevedobson said...

haha...
good thing you recorded that because ONE day you will look back at that and think its funny.

okay so i'm glad i'm not the only one too excited for the office to start up, we were totally thinking about having an office party... with pizzukis!

Andrea said...

Oh for heavens sake! :) I would not worry if I were you.... you're teeny!!

DeWitts said...

Jes you look great, you always look great! Kids say the funniest thing! Coop loves that dinosaur at the park we can hardly get him off it!

The Adams Family said...

whatever! I guess at least it was said to you. layt likes to say things like that in front of strangers (about them). handsome boys!

Summer said...

Kids say silly things--you look beautiful! Last night we were eating at a restaurant when Holden pointed to Ryan and said "You're a boy!" then to me and said "You're a girl!" and then to a woman sitting at the next table and exclaims very loudly "And she's OLD!" (She wasn't old..) Anyway, kids. I got the cake stand o eBay (just search for 'jadeite cake stand').

Taralee said...

if you "fat" then I'd be concerned what he would call me! :o)
One time my little sister went over to her friends house (she was 3 or 4 at the time). Anyway, after she came home she was sitting on my dad's lap. She said, "dad, vanessa's dad is really tall."
My dad: "Yes he is."
Danica: "His feet are really big."
My dad: "Yes they are."
Danica: "He has REALLY big hands."
My dad: "Well, I guess he does."
Danica: "Well it's ok daddy...Your belly is A LOT bigger than his."

We still get a laugh out of that one!
Oh ps. I got Trace to fill out that one thing.